Welcome to my blog. More details about me in my profile. Thank you for browsing through my interests and reading articles I wrote on various subjects inspired by my work, friends, family, community and international events. Please drop me a line with your insights and comments at myhassan@gmail.com Thanks.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

2003 Global Information Technology Report

Davos World Economic Forum launched the Annual Global Information Technology Report in 2002

Davos World Economic Forum launched the Annual Global Information Technology Report back in 2002. The report highlights the continuing importance of Information Technology for economic growth. It uses the Networked Readiness Index (NRI), covering a total of 102 economies in 2003-2004, to measure "the degree of preparation of a nation to participate in and benefit from Information Technology developments". The Report captures the experiences of the technology sector; these lessons are too costly and important to be missed or ignored. It stresses the necessity of a sustainable business model and the need for prudence when allocating resources to technology investments.

2003 Report Country Rankings:

 

1. USA

2. Singapore

3. Finland

4. Sweden

5. Denmark

6. Canada

7. Switzerland

8. Norway

9. Australia

40. Tunisia

51. China

64. Morocco